Modern Funeral Arranging
Taught by award winning funeral directors, this 3-day course covers all you need to help a family arrange and organise a memorable, meaningful and personal funeral.
Enhance your knowledge and skills for starting your own company, career development, or to impress when applying for work. The funeral arranging course is open to those working in and those wanting to work in the funeral sector, and to those who want to help with funerals within their community.
"The course was well-organised, informative and consistently interesting. There was a good balance of practical exercises, open discussion and theory work. Simon, Jane and Steve imparted a huge amount of information whilst encouraging individual thoughts and beliefs. The basics of arranging a funeral were covered in an imaginative and thought-provoking way so that I enjoyed the whole learning process." Nicola de la Croix
The public’s expectations of funerals continue to change, bringing new and urgent challenges to funeral arrangers, and tremendous opportunities to those who respond. Move forwards by attending this thorough, modern and ground breaking training.
With an emphasis on working alongside and listening to a family to create a unique funeral according to their lifestyle, values and beliefs, this course covers all aspects of the funeral arranging process.
I thought the attention to detail was superb. I felt I was learning from and trusting professionals who take great care in every aspect of their work. Thank you.
- Understand what makes a good and meaningful funeral.
- Give clear information on the many choices now available e.g. cremation and burial options, different types of ceremony, venues, coffins, transport etc.
- Enable families to be involved in the preparations and funeral arrangements to the extent that this helps them.
- Make arrangements for the infrastructure of the funeral to support the ceremony.
- Listen and communicate well with newly bereaved families.
- Learn how to help newly bereaved clients and children
- Understand and explain the necessary paperwork according to different situations.
Upcoming Modern Funeral Arranging Course Dates
Modern Funeral Arranging Course Highlights
Taught by award winning funeral directors
Learn how to help a family arrange exactly the right funeral for the person who has died
Learn a very particular way of listening and interviewing which empowers the client
Build your knowledge of the many different options now available to families and learn to present these clearly
Learn the main processes and paperwork needed for different circumstances so you can explain it confidently
During the course you can practice your skills in the practical sessions and get feedback
"I have benefited greatly and I have reviewed significantly the way that I carry out funerals in light of the course"
Inform, support, advise
You will be able to inform, support and advise on all aspects of arranging a funeral. You receive a comprehensive 100-page manual for the course you can keep referring back to, and a copy of our book 'We Need To Talk About The Funeral'.
You have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the subject and practice the skills and resources necessary to be an excellent funeral arranger. Simon Smith and Steve Nimmo are the principal facilitators.
This is what we are looking for from a funeral arranger.
"I felt I was being personally cared for, looked after by someone who gave importance to what I wanted and who empathised completely with my needs and wishes. I was so grateful for that."
- You are amazing people and have instilled in me the faith that I really can do this work.
- I feel happy being part of this Green Fuse community. You are all inspiring to me.
- The opportunities provided for us by Green Fuse, are seemingly limitless and certainly inspirational.